The War Game is a 1965 television documentary-style drama depicting the effects of nuclear war on Britain. Written, directed, and produced by Peter Watkinsfor the BBC’s The Wednesday Playanthology series, it caused dismay within the BBC and in government and was withdrawn from television transmission on 6 August 1965 (the twentieth anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing). The Corporation said that “the effect of the film has been judged by the BBC to be too horrifying for the medium of broadcasting”. However, it had some distribution in cinemas and won theAcademy Award for Best Documentary Feature in 1966. But it remained unshown in full on British television until 1985.
- violetplanet reblogged this from meinekleinefabrik
- burningthealtar reblogged this from meinekleinefabrik
- thestjohn reblogged this from meinekleinefabrik
- idaman008 likes this
- idaman008 reblogged this from meinekleinefabrik and added:
- meinekleinefabrik posted this